When is the St Patrick’s Day Parade ? 17 March 2017
When is the St Patrick’s Day Parade ? 17 March 2017:- St Patrick’s Day is celebrated annually on March 17th, the traditional religious feast day of St. Patrick and the day he is believed to have died in 460 A.D. The Irish have observed this religious holiday for thousands of years.
Saint Patrick after going back to Ireland, become a priest and there he served people and also established many churches, hospitals and schools. He is also famous to be in the favour of depict of snakes from the Ireland.
Below are some interesting facts about Saint Patrick and Saint Patrick’s day. We are sure you will got amazed after knowing these top 10 facts pf saint Patrick’s day which are mentioned below:-
- St. Patrick was not Irish. He was from Wales
- The humble shamrock was originally a teaching tool. St. Patrick is said to have used the three-leaved plant to explain the Holy Trinity.
- The first St. Patrick’s Day parade took place in New York in the 1760s.
- For many years, blue was the colour most often associated with St. Patrick. Green was considered unlucky. St. Patrick’s blue was considered symbolic of Ireland for many centuries and the Irish Presidential Standard is still blue.
- For many years, Dripsey in County Cork had the world’s shortest parade, just 77 feet, the distance between two pubs – The Weigh Inn and The Lee Valley. Currently, the town of Hot Springs, Arizona, claims to have the shortest parade – a 98-foot route on Bridge Street. Recent participants included the Irish Elvises and the San Diego Chicken.
- In 2010, the Sydney Opera House went green to mark the 200th anniversary of St. Patrick’s Day there. In Sydney, St Patrick’s Day was first marked in 1810, when Lachlan Macquarie, the Governor of New South Wales, provided entertainment for Irish convict workers.
- Irish flee the country. In Ireland, on March 17 you’ll find many public figures, musicians, and dancers have travelled abroad to work on lucrative gigs elsewhere. Politicians also travel to drum up trade.
- In Chicago every year, the Plumbers Local 110 union dyes the river “Kelly” green. The dye lasts for about five hours.
- Traditionally, every year, the Irish leader hands a crystal bowl full of shamrock to the US President. The shamrock, grown in Kerry, is immediately destroyed by the Secret Service after the exchange.
- Guinness sales soar on St. Patrick’s Day. Recent figures show that 5.5 million pints of the black stuff are down around the world every day. On St. Patrick’s Day that figure is doubled.
St Patrick’s Day Parade
Check out some beautiful Messages and wishes of St Patrick’s day to share with your Nears and dears. So, on this holy feast make it memorable:-
- The more I know you, the more you mean to me. You fill my life with hope and you make me happy. The luck of the Irish may have brought me to you, but it was your heart of gold that has kept our love true! Happy St. Patrick’s Day!
- Wishing you the many wonderful things that an Irish blessing will bring. Happiness, joy, love, and laughter, may your day be content and may you smile happily ever after! Happy St. Patrick’s Day!
- A little leprechaun told me to be sure to wish you a Happy St. Patrick’s Day. That little leprechaun didn’t have a clue. Of course, I could never forget something so important. Happy St. Patrick’s Day!
- Sending you a leprechaun and sweet fairy, too. Their job is to grant all your wishes and to make your dreams come true! Happy St. Patrick’s Day!
- For every day that you spend there, may it be coloured with happiness and full of care? For every day that you see come true, may your life shine bright and may good things come to you! Blessings on St. Patrick’s Day and always!
- Happy St Patties! I’ll drink a green beer to that!
- If you were green I’d still love you. Happy St Pat’s!
- Any excuse to drink green beer! HAPPY ST PAT’S!
- A leprechaun told me to tell you to drink up! Happy St Patrick’s Day!
- It’s all green which means it’s all good! HAPPY ST PAT’S
- Happy St Pat’s Day!! But to be sure… Happy St Pat’s Day!!
- I love green but I love you more 🙂 Happy St Pat’s Day!
- Stop reading and get drinking. Happy St Pat’s Day!